- Be a graduating senior or a past graduate of Ledyard High School or a resident of Ledyard.
- Have applied to an accredited college or post secondary school for next fall.
- Plan to pursue a major in horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, forestry, agriculture, aquaculture, environmental science or other fields benefiting the environment.
- Provide a 300 to 500 word essay on what you have done that is related to your proposed field of study and why you have chosen to pursue this field.
- Provide two letters of reference from people who know your abilities and talents.
- Appear before the Ledyard Garden Club Scholarship Committee for a personal interview if requested.
- Submit an application, essay and letters of reference by February 29,2020.
The scholarships are awarded by the end of May. The scholarships will be awarded in one payment and will be made out to the Bursar’s office of the recipients’ chosen school of higher education.
To apply for 2020 scholarship
Download an application ( here ), email email@example.com
or request a copy by calling or texting 860-710-4466.
Ledyard Garden club scholarship award
Ledyard Garden Club encourages students to pursue careers in horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, forestry, agriculture, and other fields benefiting the environment. In 2020, we will be awarding $1500 as either a single scholarship or two scholarships in the amounts of $1000 and $500