Ledyard Garden club scholarship award 2018
Ledyard Garden Club encourages students to pursue careers in horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, forestry, agriculture, and other fields benefiting the environment. We will be offering scholarships again in 2018. Typically, one $500 and one $1000 scholarship are awarded, though occasionally one $1500 award is made.
You can download an application ( click here ) or request a copy by calling 860-710-4466.
- Be a graduating senior or a past graduate of Ledyard High School or reside in Ledyard.
- Have applied to an accredited college or post secondary school for next fall.
- Plan to pursue a major in horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, forestry, agriculture, aquaculture, environmental science or other fields benefiting the environment.
- Provide a 400 to 500 word essay on what you have done that is related to your proposed field of study and why you have chosen to pursue this field.
- Provide two letters of reference from people who know your abilities and talents.
- Appear before the Ledyard Garden Club Scholarship Committee for a personal interview if requested.
- Submit an application, essay and letters of reference by February 28, 2018.
The scholarships are awarded by the end of May. One payment and will be sent directly to recipients' schools of higher education.
The Ledyard Garden Club encourages students to pursue careers in horticulture, landscape design, forestry, agriculture, aquaculture, botany, environmental science and other fields benefiting the environment.
The Club annually offers scholarships for students pursuing a major in horticulture or an environmentally related field. Eligible applicants must reside in Ledyard, be a current Senior at Ledyard High School (L.H.S.) or be a past graduate of L.H.S.; apply to and plan to attend a regionally or nationally accredited college or post secondary school, and submit an application by deadline. Candidates will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee and may be asked to interview.